Another Holiday season has past they seem to come too quickly anymore but as hectic as it is it’s still nice to be with loved ones and reflect on the past year and what lies ahead for the future. This is my last letter as President of ArVMA. It’s been a quiet year which is not all bad, our association is always looking out for you but continues to need your support. There are 5 main ways you can support the ArVMA:
1. Be sure and renew your membership for the new year and include a membership for any associates you may have. It’s simple, the bigger our membership the better.
2. Donate to the PAC. When we can help elect legislators who share our views and are good people, everyone wins. By law you must write a separate check than from your dues.
3. Attend the Winter Meeting in Hot Springs on Feb 8-10. Dr. Kate Williams has put together a great meeting and she will take the reigns as our new President at that time. Your support of our meeting not only gives you great CE but also helps support the association and keeps that money in the state.
4. Mark your calendar for next September for the Southwest Veterinary Symposium. The more members from Arkansas who attend the more money comes back to the association plus the CE there is 2nd to none and San Antonio is a great venue.
5. Serve if called. We have vacancies on the board that need to be filled. Volunteer service can be very fulfilling so attend any local meetings and if asked to serve, give it a go. We are relatively a small and exclusive group and the ArVMA is the only collective voice for our Veterinarians and without money and cooperation, we can do nothing for ourselves. We’ve come along way in providing quality service to our members and we need to keep that momentum going so support you association in 2013.
Happy New Year,
Scott Smith, DVM