The Boulevard Veterinary Clinic is seeking an experienced Veterinary Technician/Assistant to join our team. The Boulevard Veterinary Clinic has been serving our community since 2012 and recently moved into a brand new clinic. We are fast growing, full service, small animal veterinary clinic providing comprehensive medical, surgical, and dental care to dogs and cats. Our fully equipped facility was designed with the client’s comfort and their pet’s health in mind. We are looking for a dedicated, long term and strong work ethic employee to fill our open position.
Clinic hours are Monday through Friday 7:00am – 6:00pm closing from 1:00pm to 2:00pm daily. Saturdays 8:00am to 12:00pm.
• Assisting Veterinarians with holding canine and feline pets as vaccines are administered and tests are performed.
• Evaluates and treats animals for illnesses, diseases and injuries
• Conducts a wide range of veterinary laboratory tests including, but not limited to, heartworm tests, blood chemistry, fecal examination and FeLV/FIV tests.
• Educates clients on preventative pet care. Ability to determine which preventatives and vaccines are best suited to their pet's lifestyle.
• Maintains computerized medical and treatment records
• Prepares surgical suite and prepares animals for surgery, prepares surgical packs, monitors patients under anesthesia, and assists Veterinarians during surgical procedures.
• Fills prescriptions and provides medication doses and directions to clients
• Preforms dental procedures and diagnostic imaging
• Administers medications, vaccines, anesthetic agents, intramuscular, subcutaneous and intravenous injections in accordance with Veterinarian instructions, established policies and in accordance with laws and regulations.
• Performs other related duties as required
• Comfortable with dogs and cats of all breeds and sizes. Ability to appropriately and safely restrain (when necessary) fractious pets.
• Able to lift 50 lbs and stand for long periods of time.
• Strong product knowledge including Heartworm Preventatives, Flea Preventatives & Vaccine Protocols. Strong knowledge of intestinal parasites prevention; heartworm prevention; heartworm disease in both cats & dogs
• Detail oriented with the ability to think clearly and multitask in a busy environment. Ability to perform basic math accurately.
• Have strong client education; communication skills.
• A can do attitude and a team player!
To apply send resume to:
Email: Boulevardvet@comcast.net (Attn: Amber)
Mail: The Boulevard Veterinarian Clinic
Attention: Amber Brown
10500 Maumelle Blvd
North Little Rock, AR 72113