Veterinary Specialist (Field Veterinarian) – Arkansas Department of Agriculture – Position #22169291 on “Arkansas State Jobs”.
Apply to https://www.ark.org/arstatejobs/index.php?ina_sec_csrf=85a2be62309fe55d822dd87f44bdec92&ac:show:show_job=1&agencyid=3663&jobid=107465
Must be ready and willing to assume responsibility for oversight and management of pending animal industry related missions of the Arkansas Department of Agriculture – Livestock and Poultry Division when required. Arkansas’ position as a commodity crossroads and industry standing in Top 20 in cattle, Top 5 in all classes of poultry, and high ranking for Swine, Equine and Goats often demands considered reasoning and rapid decisions. Diversity of Arkansas’ animal agriculture enterprises and the number of producers (small production units) warrants attention and vigilance.
· DVM from an accredited college or school of veterinary medicine.
· Licensed in Arkansas (or eligible) and USDA-APHIS accredited
· Ten (10) years of post-graduation experience.
· Multi-species or farm animal species experience.
· Poultry production or processing an added attribute.
· Emergency Response interest or experience – training for certification(s) will be required.
· Willingness to complete training as Foreign Animal Disease diagnostician.
· Knowledge of and ability to apply state and federal laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures governing animal disease control and eradication.
· Knowledge of general veterinary techniques, practices, and procedures.
· Knowledge of basic computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, and PowerPoint.
· Ability to analyze data, plan outcomes, and determine solutions.
· Confidence in public speaking (experience or willingness required).
· Ability to write and develop informational pieces and programs.
· Self-driven interest in “applied epidemiology”; interest to follow up on disease incidents for all species.
· Disease Management Plan (quarantine, etc.) administration – initiation, management, follow-up.
· Respiratory equipment qualified.
· Ability to travel overnight at short notice when a situation may require – minimal number of nights.
To apply please submit items below as directed by https://www.ark.org/arstatejobs ;
1. Cover Letter outlining reasons for interest in the position.
2. Resume with at least the past ten years of professional endeavors described.