Posting Date: September 21, 2022 at 10:21 am
Position Location: Fort Smith, AR
Position Type: Associate Veterinarian
Fort Smith, Arkansas, is a city of convergence.
It’s where the Arkansas and Poteau rivers unite. Where the North and South battled and where outlaws collided with judges. It’s “where the new South meets the old West.”
It’s where you’ll find balance between real life and a thriving veterinary career.
Arkansas Veterinary Clinic, located in the heart of Fort Smith, is searching for a small animal veterinarian to join our team!
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who…
• Has a few years of experience under their belt or is an early career veterinarian
• Has a strong work ethic and is looking for a long-term career choice
• Is confident in surgery and/or looking to specialize
• Wants to build solid, personal, family-like relationships with clients
• Understands the importance of client education
• Communicates effectively, compassionately, and respectfully
• Wants to ditch the suits and wear scrubs to work!
As our next Associate DVM, our community would most benefit from a doctor who will take the time to get to know them. We’re open to new graduates and experienced DVMs. Those who enjoy soft tissue surgery, orthopedics, and/or specialty procedures are encouraged to apply!
What makes us different?
Where we really shine is making our clinic a family environment. At Arkansas Veterinary Clinic, we focus on building personal relationships with our community. Our goal is—and always has been—to provide Fort Smith pets the highest quality care possible in a family-oriented atmosphere. Our team has an incredible work ethic and long-term commitment to veterinary medicine. We’re confident and know when it’s time to be serious, but also enjoy joking around and understand the importance of humor in our field.
We’ll tailor our benefits to best fit your needs and will help you establish a schedule that makes sense for your work life balance. Our competitive benefits package also includes:
• Generous salary
• Sign-on and relocation assistance available for eligible candidates
• Flexible scheduling and PTO (plus no on-call/emergency hours)
• Medical, dental, and vision for you and your dependents (with HSA option)
• Annual CE allowance
• Professional development assistance
• Structured mentorship program for early career veterinarians and interested mentors
• Guidance from a talented DVM Advisory Board
• Medical freedom to practice skills you’re proficient in or explore areas you’d like to learn
• “Pack Gives Back” charity donation or sponsorship to a cause you care about
• Plus more!
For those who aren’t familiar with the area, Fort Smith is the kind of place that’s riddled with history. From its Wild West heritage to today’s diverse culture and welcoming community, Fort Smith is a great place to set roots. Visit one of the many historic sites and districts, sip delicious new drinks at the Fort Smith Brewing Company, or spend an afternoon with the family at the local lake or fairgrounds. Fort Smith is also home to a great local school system and abundant opportunities for outdoor activities. Some community favorites include fishing, hiking, golfing, kayaking, camping, swimming, and visiting one of the many local parks. No matter your idea of adventure, let Fort Smith be the starting point and the next place you call home.
As you consider your career goals, keep in mind how an opportunity with Arkansas Vet Clinic will help you achieve them. Take the first step toward your next adventure by applying today!
Contact email@example.com if you’re interested in this position!