Posting Date: June 8, 2021 at 11:39 am
Position Location: Nationwide
Position Type: Full-Time Veterinarian
The Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) is the agency in the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) responsible for protecting the public’s health by ensuring the safety of the Nation’s commercial supply of meat, poultry, and processed egg products. USDA is a great place to start or continue your career.
– Plan, organize, coordinate and adapt the full range of meat and poultry inspection operations in slaughter and/or processing establishments;
– Ensure establishments meet requirements of the Pathogen Reduction and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) regulations;
– Oversee consumer protection, non-food safety concerns such as proper labeling and packaging;
– Serve as team leader who works with and supervises other public health professionals to ensure establishments under our jurisdiction comply with sanitation standards and properly implement systems that control hazards from entering the food supply;
– Enforcing Federal meat and poultry inspection procedures prior to slaughter and throughout the entire process, including humane handling;
– Conduct ante-mortem inspection, post-mortem inspection, processing, dispositions, transportation and distribution of meat, poultry, and egg products to markets and retail stores;
– Consult with union officials, plant management and discusses with subordinates new or revised regulations, policies and procedures;
– Maintain meaningful labor-management relationships with subordinates by representing and expressing managements viewpoints to daily communications;
– Promote EEO and Safety principles/programs, trains subordinates, assign and review work, evaluate and rate performance, counsel employees on performance, resolve complaints and grievances, recommend disciplinary action as necessary.
Contact Maria.Esteras@usda.gov if you’re interested in this position!
Apply Online: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603203800