Posting Date: October 16, 2023 at 1:44 pm
Position Location: Columbia, Missouri
Position Type: Full-Time Veterinarian
The University of Missouri is on a mission to inclusively educate and train outstanding clinicians and scientists from diverse backgrounds, generate new knowledge, engage stakeholders, and foster economic growth, all of which promote and protect the health and welfare of animals and people. Our Doctor of Veterinary Medicine professional program boasts a unique curricular structure, which provides nearly two years of hands-on training in the college’s general and specialty clinics. Additionally, the College is a leader in the training Undergraduate, Masters, and PhD students in the areas of Biomedical Sciences and Veterinary Pathobiology. Simply put, our mission is to Teach, Heal, Discover, and Serve.
The College of Veterinary Medicine seeks applications for a full-time non-tenure track teaching faculty position in Community Practice. The position is being filled at either the Assistant, Associate, or Full Teaching Professor level and will additionally serve as Section Head for the Community Practice section.
This is a full-time, 12-month appointment renewable on an annual basis. The appointment’s primary teaching and clinical focus is providing leadership and faculty support to the community practice section in the Veterinary Health Center (VHC). As part of this appointment, the successful candidate will:
• Serve as the community practice section head, coordinate and oversee clinic schedules as well as course assignments, participate in faculty governance activities, and provide general management and supervision of the section.
• Provide clinical instruction of students (professional) and intern veterinarians in the VHC’s community practice section.
• Contribute to the professional and graduate curriculum by participating in classroom and laboratory instruction. Opportunities for online instruction are possible.
• Represent the University, College, and VHC through outreach activities for animal-owning public, referring veterinarians, or other relevant stakeholders.
• Participate scholarly activities like research, professional development, or publication of book chapters, case reports, or client-oriented educational publications.
• A Doctorate in Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or equivalent degree (such as VMD, BVSc)
Candidates will be evaluated on:
• Eligibility for licensure to practice veterinary medicine in Missouri.
• Professional clinical experience, post-graduate clinical or graduate training, and leadership/communication skills will all be assessed.
• Board certification by the American Board of Veterinary Practitioners (ABVP) in the Canine/Feline or Feline sections, experience in veterinary teaching hospitals or high-quality general practice, teaching experience or business/management training are desirable, but not necessary.
Candidates will be assessed based upon educational and professional achievement. Clinical experience, communication skills, leadership experience, experience working effectively in diverse environments, and letters of reference will all be considered in selection of a candidate. The potential for the candidate to work within the framework of the community practice section will also be assessed, as will specialty and/or research training and teaching experience.
Interested candidates should be prepared to submit:
• a letter stating professional interests and career goals.
• contact information (including email addresses) for three references.
• a curriculum vitae.
Applications can be submitted on the https://apptrkr.com/4688753.
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
We value the uniqueness of every individual and strive to ensure each person’s success. Contributions from individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives promote intellectual pluralism and enable us to achieve the excellence that we seek in learning, research and engagement. This commitment makes our university a better place to work, learn and innovate.
In your application materials, please discuss your experiences and expertise that support these values and enrich our missions of teaching, research and engagement.
Contact email@example.com if you’re interested in this position!
Apply Online: https://apptrkr.com/4688753