Posting Date: January 10, 2024 at 4:12 pm
Position Location: South Central Arkansas
Position Type: Full-Time Veterinarian
As an entry level Veterinary Medical Officer within Veterinary Services (VS), Field Operations (FiOps), you will be working within an assigned geographic area (southern Arkansas) to promote animal health through disease detection and diagnosis, analysis, control, eradication, and prevention. Your work may affect state-federal disease control programs nationwide. Duties may include but are not limited to:
• Develop and revise medical, program, and inspection procedures to safely and securely handle animals exposed to contagious diseases and properly release or quarantine animals with disease risks.
• Inspect animals for evidence of disease conditions, assess health status, diagnose clinical symptoms of suspect animals, advise avenues for seeking treatment, and recommend preventive care.
• Inspect animals, facilities, and records for compliance with federal laws related to animal health and welfare.
• Certify the health of animals and their by-products to be exported to other countries.
• Collaborate with local, state, and federal officials with similar responsibilities involving the oversight of animal health and welfare.
• Evaluate animal health program operations that are experiencing herd or flock disease problems to determine solutions needed to adjust veterinary medical or program procedures.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in this position!