HOPE Humane Society (HHS) has been a non-profit organization since 1937 and has become a No-Kill shelter this year. HOPE is the largest No-Kill Shelter in Arkansas and our neighboring states: OK, MO, TN, MS, and LA. In January 2018, we changed our name to HOPE Humane Society to better convey our mission: “Helping Out Pets Everyday.” Each year, HOPE serves the community by caring for over 6,000 homeless, abused, neglected, and sick animals. HOPE provides food, shelter, warm beds, medical care, and HOPE for each animal that finds its way through our doors. We also work with the community by offering low-cost or free clinics and humane education programs
Listed below are some of the qualifications we are looking for. This is a full-time position. Recent graduates encouraged to apply!
- Must hold a veterinary license. Shelter experience a plus. Strong communicator with leadership skills. Proficiency in medicine and general surgery. 1-4 years minimum experience required.
- Diagnose, perform surgery and treat patients. Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, surgery and nursing skills.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in the patient record accurately with appropriate grammar, terms and accurate information. Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with techs and assistants.
- Provide feedback and changes to the training program.
- Mentor employees in the training program.
- Provide mentorship to the support staff to assure that the shift flows well.
- Mentor employees for career advancement and personal development towards goals.
- Provide input to the Operations Director for 360-degree employee performance evaluations.