Fort Smith, Arkansas
VitalPet is focused on providing veterinarians the opportunity to become a part of a vibrant and collaborative culture where each team member has career growth opportunities and a healthy work-life balance. Working at VitalPet, our veterinarians can expect a complex and rewarding caseload that is both challenging and diverse. Caseloads will include radiology, dental, diagnostics, surgery, care for exotics & pocket pets. We are compassion, quality of care and client education is all in a day’s work with VitalPet.
Key Features of working with VitalPet:
Mentorship opportunities & ability to grow out your skills through strong CE stipends
Opportunity to create lasting relationships with clients and see the full life of each pet
Set paths to partnership & leadership opportunities. Grow as we grow - our rapid growth will create opportunities for your career development!
A healthy work-life balance with flexible & set schedule opportunities, stability & no on-call/overnight care
Full and Part-time positions available
A great team environment, support staff, and back-office support so that you can focus on medicine and not worry about the rest!
Competitive Benefits, PTO, and compensation plans with an opportunity to choose the best comp plan for you (full production with no negative accrual/ProSal/guaranteed salary).
- Delivering complete and up-to-date veterinary care, including examinations, diagnosis, medical, dental, and surgical procedures while minimizing patient stress and discomfort
• Partnering with clients, including recommending and explaining the appropriate medical care and keeping clients informed both in the exam room and over the telephone
• Partnering with staff, ensuring an atmosphere of cooperation and mutual respect and providing learning opportunities as needed
• Maintaining and developing accurate patient records, including completing SOAP and maintaining all the necessary logs
• Clearly prescribing detailed directions regarding drug doses, routes, times, and rates for procedures and instructions for patient monitoring
Applicants must be in good standing with the state board. A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (VMD/DVM) degree, or equivalent, is required from an accredited university.
Lisa Marie Alvarez
Senior Corporate Recruiter